New Year's resolutions are something you love or hate, do or don’t do. However, one thing is usually certain – that most New Year’s resolutions are broken soon after they are made. Most people either made them without thinking them through, or don’t have the will power to keep them.
I have often looked back over my life for the year and seen what I have accomplished, where I could improve, and where I would like to be by the end of next year. However, I have never really set any New Year’s resolutions for myself.
This year is going to be different. I have written up a list of all the things I would like to do or do more of this year, and I would like as many people as possible to join me. Why? To make the world a better place you need to start with yourself.
So here is my list:
- be nice to everyone I meet as you never know what they are going through.
- say a kind word wherever I can.
- compliment people for a job well done, how nicely they dress or look.
- make up silly jokes for my friends and carry on with them for months at a time.
- give some money to someone who really needs it.
- do more self-care, especially during times of stress.
- ask myself if I really need something before I purchase it.
What do you think? Will you help me make this world a nicer place to live? Will you join me in making these New Year’s resolutions? I sure hope so!
Until next time – remember, safety first!